Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cyphers Are Key!

At any jam, a lot of the real shit goes down in the cyphers. A lot of events these days are jam packed with different competitions (crew, 2-on-2, 3-on-3, footwork, toprock, popping, etc) that it doesn't leave a lot of room for straight cypher time. Coming back from my trip to Los Angeles for Outbreak LA, there was a big emphasis on cyphers at this jam. There was plenty of time before the prelims started, and ample time between each sets of battles.

As with many of the Outbreak jams, there was an award/prize for the illest bboy/bgirl getting down in the cyphers that night. Because of this, people were going off in the cyphers all night long! From what they told me, that was one of the few LA jams where there were lots of cyphers going on at the same time and people were getting called out left and right. As the DJ I could see all of it going on while I was spinning and yeah, there were a whole lot of battles going on haha. Check out some of the dope cyphers going on I found on Youtube while I was spinning. Keeping the cyphers moving is just as important as making a hype battle, so check the steez! Hopefully I get to spin out there again because I definitely fed off all the people catching wreck in the cyphers!







No comments:

Post a Comment