Sunday, March 6, 2011

Live Set!

This is a set I did this past weekend with my record diggin/DJ crew the Little Green Apples. It was a sound clash against another hip-hop DJ crew in my hometown of Jacksonville, The Big Bucks. Basically each crew had 4 solo sets of 15 minutes to rock whatever you wanted. So we pieced some turntablist routine-ish in with what we wanted to play. I am by no means no where near the term "turntablist," as I've never really been into it like that. I practice my cuts to be clean but I am no where near that level, and all that juggling shit just boggles my mind haha. But the cool thing was, because the other members in my crew used to get down like that, I learned a whole lot just by practicing and putting these small crew routines together (we used 3 sets of turntables). I feel that you can learn from all different aspects of DJing and make them your own, so this was a really dope thing for me to be a part of. Besides, when else are you able to rock whatever music you want, drink some beers on stage, and literally yell and talk shit at the crew across the room with the crowd dead in the middle? All in all, it was something different for me to spin and it was incredibly fun to get down, especially with my whole crew! I am working on piecing the other sets and putting them up online also. Enjoy!

I know I've been slacking on the blog lately, but I need to get this going strong again! I've been picking up more and more gigs this year so hopefully it stays building up that way. I'll be rockin with my man DJ Basic in Nashville in two weeks for Bashville Stampede 8! I'll be spinning the cypher room during the first night of workshops and then doing to the bboy battles/cyphers on the main day with DJ Basic. I gotta not be lazy and record enough footage to put together a video of our trip, so hopefully that'll be the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment